Accurate and Consistent Quality Images for Mammography Diagnosis with EIZO's RadiForce Mammo-Series Displays
For Early Detection of Breast Cancer
As the incidence of breast cancer rises, regular mammograms are recommended for early detection. It is vital in the process of early breast cancer detection to find subtle masses and calcifications. Film imaging for mammography diagnosis has long been the primary methodology. However, to meet the demand for a higher quality of images and reduction of reading time and cost, digitizing and networking of medical images in a filmless environment is spreading rapidly.
Film to Filmless Mammography Diagnosis
The transition from film to filmless mammography naturally requires a monitor to display extremely precise images equal to or better than film mammography. In the mammography field today high-performance monitors featuring high resolutions and displaying high density images contribute to the process of early breast cancer detection.
8 Requirements to Select the Optimum Digital Mammography Monitor
- High Resolution - High resolutions are required to display the correct "information volume" of a digital mammography image.
- High-Definition & High Density - For the detection of mammary gland disorders which appear as "distortion," the monitor needs this required performance in order to display the subtle structures.
- Multi-Grayscale - For the detection of small tumors which appear as delicate "density" differences, the monitor needs the correct display of extremely subtle grayscale shadings.
- Brightness Uniformity - For correct luminance display of delicate "density" differences, the monitor needs uniformity in brightness across the entire screen.
- Image Sharpness - For detection of subtle masses and calcifications, the monitor needs to display the outlines of the images with a high degree of sharpness.
- DICOM Part 14 Compliance - For unified image display between multiple monitors, the monitor's tone characteristic is required to comply with the grayscale standard DICOM Part 14.
- DICOM Part 14 Calibration - Since the quality characteristics gradually change over time, monitor that is calibration compliant with DICOM Part 14 is required.
- Simple Quality Control Procedures - For the continuous quality maintenance and control, monitor enabling easy-to-follow QC procedures is required.
All product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies. EIZO is a registered trademark of the Eizo Nanao Corporation.